Friday, February 12, 2010
DaVinci Roofscapes' synthetic slate roof shingles can be less money to install than natural slate. How?
- Our slate alternative weighs average 300 pounds/square as opposed to natural slate which can weigh 1,000 pounds/square +. If your roof can hold an asphalt roof, then your roof can hold a DaVinci roof without any additional structural reinforcements required (though consult a professional roofing contractor to be sure!).
- DaVinci Slate can be put on with a nail gun, as opposed to slate roofing materials which need to be hand nailed.
- Our plastic slate roof tiles are flexible and strong, and there is almost no breakage during installation. Natural slate is very fragile and much waste is needed.
- It is lighter and easier to transport.
- Cutting our material requires no special tools - in fact in a pinch a utility knife will work!