There may be several reasons why you are looking for lightweight roofing solutions. You might need to replace an existing roof and don't want to beef up the structure so that it can support more weight. You might also like the idea of a lightweight roof, knowing it is not weighing down your home or building.
Here is a list of the most common lightweight roofing solutions:
- Metal Roofing Materials - metal roofing systems are well known for keeping out water, resisting fire and also for their longevity.
- Asphalt Shingles - one of the most common roofing materials on the market today, asphalt shingles are known for their durability, their fire resistance and their many colors, types, and manufacturers.
- Natural Cedar Shake Shingles - known for how well they blend into the environment, they can be long lasting if maintained.
- Synthetic Roof Tiles - DaVinci roofing systems falls into this category. Our tiles are extremely light weight because they are made from a polymer and have an engineered ribbing structure in the back so that there isn't a density of material.
If, for example, you would like to upgrade the look of your roof from asphalt shingles to the look of Slate, but your roof cannot take on the weight that slate would bring, then our DaVinci Slate might be a perfect option for you.
Here's a break down of how much DaVinci tiles weigh per roofing square (1 roofing square = 100 square feet):
- Single-Width Valoré Slate - 266-332 lbs
- Multi-Width DaVinci Slate - 273-342 lbs
- Bellaforté - 182 lbs
- Single-Width Valoré Shake - 283-315 lbs
- Multi-Width DaVinci Shake - 304-342 lbs
- DaVinci Fancy Shake - 267-356 lbs
Do you have questions about lightweight roofing? Hopefully we can answer them. Please reach out to us Toll Free at 1-855-299-5301.