The most important aspect of any home is the roof. The normal lifespan of a roof could vary from twelve to fifty years or more depending on the material used and the environmental conditions prevalent in the area you live.
Cedar shakes and asphalt roofs need to be maintained and replaced on a regular basis, while slate tile roofs tend to last longer. So what are the signs that indicate that your roof needs to be replaced or repaired? Here is a list of signs that indicates that your roof needs your attention.
- Water leakage is the most common sign, which indicates that your roof needs to be replaced or repaired. Depending on the age of the roof, you can decide on replacing or repairing it. If the roof is quite old, it is always advisable to replace it with an eco friendly roof.
- If the roof shingles are torn or battered or are curled at the edges, it is a clear indication that you need a new roof.
- If there is excess mold growth on your roof, then it is time for a replacement and green roofs sustainable might be your answer.
- If the heating or cooling bills are high in spite of the house and attic being well insulated, the problem could be due to damaged shingles. Replace your roof with our green roof systems and bring down your energy bills.
- Weather affects the life span of roofs. If the area in which you live has adverse weather conditions like extreme rain or snow or high winds, you might have to replace your roof sooner.
Apart from these specific conditions, if you are planning to sell your home or building, it would be advisable to replace your old roof with a new one. A new roof will help you sell your home more quickly as well as probably get you a better asking price.
Want to learn more about DaVinci Roofing Products? Please get in touch with our customer service department and they'll get you in touch with an expert in your area.