Here are some of the benefits of our engineered ribbing structure and also some of the reasons why:
- Bending - the engineered structure helps to keep the shingle in the same form that it came from our factory in.
- Warping - the structure helps the shingle resist warping because of the support structure on the back of the shingle.
- Curling - the ribs don't allow for the shingle to curl - so it's there for resistance as well.
- Weight - because our shingles are not solid, they are very lightweight which makes them easier to install, lighter on your roof and less for us to ship them to your roofing distributor.
- Insulation for the roof - some customers have reported that their heating and cooling costs have gone down because the engineered ribbing structure holds pockets of air and helps reduce the escape of hot air in the winter and cold air in the summer.
- Quieter roof - that's right, many customers have reported that when it's hailing and thunder-storming outside they are not as overwhelmed by the sound inside their home because the pockets of air that the engineered ribbing structure creates help to muffle the sounds of Mother Nature outside.