If your old roof is in pretty bad shape, it is time you replaced it with a new roof. But before you make the decision to replace your roof, there are certain aspects, which need to be taken into consideration. Replacing a roof cost lots of money and at DaVinci, we understand it's a huge decision.
Here are Things to Consider Before Replacing Your Roof
- Types of material – There are different types of roofing materials, which include asphalt, slate, rubber slate roof, wood shakes, clay tile and fiber cement. If you are looking for a luxury roof, then you'll want to consider either a DaVinci wood shake roof or a DaVinci composite slate roof.
- Lifespan of the material – Most materials last a good twenty to thirty years. Asphalt shingles tend to last twenty to twenty five years, while real clay or slate roofs can be considered very long-lasting when installed properly. DaVinci is known as a 50-year roof.
- Cost of the roofing material – Clay tiles and slate are among the most expensive, whereas asphalt shingles are least expensive. The synthetic slate cost of DaVinci is less than slate but more than asphalt.
- Roof Flashing – If you use the most expensive roofing materials but forget to provide adequate roof flashing around roofing structures like the chimney, skylights or vents, your roof will tend to leak. There are many flashing materials available for this purpose and you'll want to make sure your roofer includes them.
- Number of layers - If you plan to live in this house for a longer period of time, you can add another layer to new roof, which will keep it protected and extend its lifespan.