Warm creamy tones or solid brown color? Many homeowners are confused over the right roof color to cap their homes. There's no need to be stuck on color choices. Our color expert, Kate Smith of Sensational Color, has some fantastic advice to make color selection easy! Here are some of her top color tips from 2013:
- Do your homework. Don't rush a decision. Try to envision a home exterior that you will like next year, five years from now, and then 20 years from now.
- Consider your options. While a solid color roof may work for some home styles, a blend of several colors may offer a "softer" look with more accent options. Pre-bundled roofing color blends are available with two, three, four or five different color blends that complement each other.
- Investigate the different roofing color options available to you online. Use our online Color Design tool to create your own custom color blends from 49 colors or to see the company's standard 28 color blends.
- Request life-sized samples of your favorite color roofing tiles to hold up against your current roof to see the change that a new color will make for your home.
- Look at the other homes in your neighborhood. Your home should blend in or stand out from other homes, but never clash with the rest of the homes in your community. A roofing color can help achieve a harmonious look.
- Get assistance from a professional. Just as selecting the roofing product is a big decision requiring assistance of a professional, so is the choice of the roof color. Consult a color expert and use the color tools offered by experts and product manufacturers to gain a strong comfort level for your color choice.
Follow these tips from color expert Kate Smith and get an awesome roof color for your DaVinci 50 year roof.
Read more about roof colors from Kate:
- Free Guides For Choosing Color For Your Home Like A Pro
- How To Get Your Colors Approved By Your HOA: Quickly and Easily
- 5 Ways For Your Home To Make A Great First Impression
- The 5 Essential Elements of a Traffic-Stopping Exterior
- Give Me 5 Minutes -- And I'll Show You How To Find A Perfect Exterior Color Scheme