You may or may not be aware that DaVinci Plastic Roofing Materials have Florida Building Code approval.
So whether you live in the great state of Florida or in our home state of Kansas, you might want to have a better understanding of what it means to have Florida Building Code Approval.
Because Florida is located on a peninsula it has exposure to hurricanes on a regular basis, so the state has building requirements that are much more strict than the rest of the United States.
The uplifting force from a hurricane can rip apart a home or a building's roof and sheathing.
To acquire FBC approval, here is a quick glimpse at the process:
- Fill out an application
- Accreditation Body accredits and monitors the competency and performance of an agency carrying out specific tasks
- Evaluation Entities conduct product evaluations based on test reports and/or rational analysis.
- Testing labs conduct product tests
- Certification agencies evaluate products based on the tests and/or rational analysis, conduct quality assurance, certify compliance with standards, list and label products.
- Quality Assurance agencies monitor the production of the product in the manufacturing facility.
- Validation entities certify compliance with standards and certify to the FBC that product applications are correct.
- If product passes all the above, then it received local product approval or optional state product approval.
DaVinci, of course, is also a luxury roof product making it not only handsome, but also safe and of high quality.
Are you interested in checking out our green roof systems? Please feel free to get in touch with a DaVinci product specialist.