To commemorate National Curb Appeal Month in August, DaVinci Roofscapes has compiled a list of five top curb appeal resources for you.
“Summertime is the perfect point in the year to make improvements to your home exterior,” says Michael Cobb, vice president of sales and marketing at DaVinci Roofscapes. “The first step is to carefully look at your home from the ‘top down’ to see what can be done to enhance its appearance and overall value.”
Cobb reminds homeowners that the roof can sometimes offer as much as 40 percent of the visibility on a home exterior. “Take a fast look at your home and you’ll most likely see that the roof plays the largest part of your curb appeal view,” says Cobb. “If your roof is in poor shape — if it’s missing tiles or has curling shingles — that makes a negative impact on the overall curb appeal of your home.
“A new roof, with colors that complement your entire home exterior, can make a positive impact on your home’s curb appeal and value. Just imagine a new, low-maintenance composite slate roof on your home with a blend of different shades of gray that sets off the rest of your home. It’s a stunning way to add more color and style to a home.”
If it’s time to consider a new roof for your home, Cobb and our experts at DaVinci Roofscapes recommend these five free resources to get educated on re-roofing options that can increase the curb appeal of your house:
- Upgrade Your Roofing from This Old House – easy-to-understand online tutorial of the structure of the roof, options for roofing tiles and environmental considerations.
- Top Down ColorTM Visualizer – online tool allows you to upload pictures of your home exterior or use images of 10 supplied home styles. Tool lets you quickly make and see changes to roofing materials and colors, along with adjustments to the home’s siding, accessories, doors and windows trim.
- FRESH Home Exteriors Color Guide – online guidebook featuring “5 Steps for Finding the Perfect Hues for Your Home.” Learn the importance of fixed features, regional colors, the environment, style of the home and “have-to-use” colors when considering the overall curb appeal of your home.
- FRESH Color Schemes for Your Home Exterior – online booklet shows step-by-step process for selecting the best exterior color combinations for your home. Tips on adding coordinated color selections for a variety of home styles, including Colonial, Ranch, Bungalow, Victorian, Spanish Mission, European and New American.
- Tips for Selecting Roofing Products from Allen Lyle with Today’s Homeowner with Danny Lipford – overview and tips on selecting roofing materials includes review of features and benefits of composite roofing.